Be Present Now
Blog Redesign As Static Beauty With Markdown
I have finally completed the redesign of my blog to a completely static setup. Following the more recent blogging trends of course I setup a website static generator and migrated all my wordpress posts to markdown. And took great care of the readability and minimalism.
Here is the technology platform I used:
- Middleman as the beautiful static website generator.
- Haml and Sass for templating.
- Markdown with yaml headings for the blog posts.
- Twitter Bootstrap for the grid and good sensible defaults.
These are the fonts I chose:
- Alfa Slab One for the main headings.
- PT Sans for the subscripts and h3.
- Georgia for the bulk of the text content.
In all these I tried to limit the external services used and kept the count down to:
- Disqus for the comments
- Google Analytics for tracking traffic
- Feedburner to track feed access and subscriptions
- Snapwidget for the nice instagr.am plugin to display images in the homepage.
17 November 2012